Post Title : Finance & Accounting Coordinator
Responsible To : Finance & Administration Manager
Liaise with : Accounting & Finance Assistant, Program Managers and Staffs
Hours of Work : 40 hours per week
Location : Based at IIEF Head Office, Menara Imperium Lt 28 Suite C
Job Purpose : To take responsibility for accurate recording and reporting of the
Finance and accounting functions and to support team members
and auditors in dealing with finance issues.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The Role :
As a Finance & Accounting Coordinator, you will be responsible for a range of bookkeeping responsibilities as well as providing support on finance and project budget management functions.
Carrying out and recording relevant financial transactions as well as coordinating the financial coding of these transactions will all be part of your daily routine.
You will oversee the maintenance and reconciliation of bank records and, as IIEF receives funding from a number of internationally based donors and customers of TOEFL®ITP it will be necessary to monitor foreign exchange rates and make relevant adjustments.
You will be responsible in reviewing entries prepared by Finance/Accounting Assistant and contributing to the regular financial reporting as well as budgeting/forecasting functions and audit related routines due to Finance/Accounting area.
You will have a close working relationship with the Manager of Finance and Administrations as well as building good relationships with the project leads.
See below a list of the main responsibilities of the role. Please note that this may not be an exhaustive list and successful candidate may also be expected to take on additional responsibilities within the overall scope of the role.
- Recording and processing supplier invoices and staff and other meeting participant's expenses claims and credit card expenses. Resolving financial coding allocation issues. Initiating, recording and confirming payments to suppliers and service providers via E-Banking
- Raising and recording invoices and chasing late payments
- Maintenance and reconciliation of bank records. Monitor foreign currency requirements
- Maintain and control sales, purchase and nominal ledgers and prepare monthly TOEFL®ITP transaction reconciliations to ensure that records and information are accurate
- Maintain reconciliation of Advances, VAT, and Petty Cash
- Prepare and maintain cash flow statement
- Assistance with budgeting and reforecasting processes
- Prepare aging report analysis on monthly basis
- Prepare accruals as necessary
- Year-end finance and audit related routines
- Any other tasks for supervising accounting & finance matters
2. Financial Reporting
- Preparing donor reports and management reports for project managers
- Preparing monthly financial statements, cash flow and budget realization
3. General Tasks
- Assist with general office and administrative duties (such as office equipment and stationeries and staff’s taxi voucher records)
- Keep colleagues appraised of developments in own area as appropriate
- Contribute in staff meetings, and other internal meetings with appropriate content , views and suggestions
- Fulfil requirements of internal staff management processes including performance reviews, supervisory meetings, etc
- Reviewing and maintaining the employee’s timesheet monthly in HRIS
Selection Criteria Essential Knowledge/Skills/Attributes
4-5 years experiences as finance/account’s assistant or similar
- Qualification : Accounting and Finance
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Effective oral and written English skills
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Powerpoint would be an advantage
- Good administrative and organizational skills and ability to keep documentation tidy and accessible
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to plan and organize multiple simultaneous tasks efficiently
- Ease in communicating with colleagues and third parties via email
- Ability to work independently and ask for clarification when needed
- Ability to communicate and to work as part of a team
- Experience with Sun System, SAP (preferred), HRIS and Bizchannel E-banking will be an advantages
- NGO experience with multi funding program would be an advantage.
- Undergraduate degree in related subject (master’s degree will be an advantage)
- Experience with donor reporting, cash flow and other financial matters
- Project budget management experiences
- Familiarity with virtual meeting tools (eg. Skype, go to meeting, etc)
- Experience in working for an International organization or Multi National corporation